My friend posted a link to Sixx: AM myspace page. I saw it was Nikki Sixx and the soundtrack to his autobiography, Nikki Sixx: The Heroin Diaries. My first reaction, was...what the hell? I already read the book, and I didn't hear any of these songs playing while I was reading it. A soundtrack for a book sounds like a bunch of bullshit. Well, each of the 13 tracks coincide with a chapter of the diary.
But hell, with the music industry on the downfall, I guess you gotta market your music in other ways. Sixx AM consists of DJ Ashba (Beautiful Creatures) and James Michael, a multi-platinum music producer (Alanis Morissette, Hilary Duff, Meatloaf, Saliva?!) I have never been a Motley Crue fan, but Nikki Sixx had some interesting things going on in his autobiography. None of it was nearly as wonderful as Slash's life-story, whom I love.
But check out the "soundtrack" for yourself. Dead Mans Ballet reminds me of a Meatloaf song, Pray For Me sounds like rock n' roll, Life is Beautiful is probably good live. eh...whatever.
Hit up Myspace for tunes
Overly fancy website
Friday, January 4, 2008
Sixx: AM Soundtrack to a book?!
Posted by Liz Simone at 1:58 PM
Labels: Blurb, soundtrack
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment