BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 25, 2008

Scarlett Johansson: New Album due out.




It's old news that Scarlett Johansson has been trying to get into the music biz for a while. Although she is a talented actress and is beautiful, the whole jump from actor to musician, is almost always a failure. Juliett Lewis, with Juliette & The Licks have been successful on the down-low, but she hasn't had a motion box office hit in years. Who in the mainstream public cares? We all know Juliette Lewis rocks out, even on camera. All I wanna know is, how will Scarlett rock out on stage? Is she just going to stand there and sing? Will she dance? I can't even imagine.

However, she has signed a record deal. A few years ago, she did a Tom Waits cover album, which hid under a rug. Currently, her new album, entitled Anywhere I Lay My Head (which is also the name of a song on the album), will be released on May 6 and includes 10 Tom Waits covers. She actually has an amazing and sophisticated voice. I wonder how her smooth voice will do Tom Waits any justice. We'll see.

EDIT: Apparently, Nick Zinner of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and David Sitek of TVOTR have collaborated with Scarlett on the album. Hell, I love those bands. What a lucky bitch.

Take a listen:

0 comments: