I am totally over the black skinny jeans trend. Actually, I never thought it to be attractive, so when Trans AM stepped on stage to open for Tool, I was automatically turned off. Three skinny old guys in skinny jeans is a midlife crisis screaming for attention. I live my life under a rock most of the time, so I never heard of this band before. I cringed when they played their first song with a lame voice stimulator and simple redundant synthesizer keyboards. Why is this band opening for Tool? I thought.
Suddenly, the music got better with each song, just as long as no one was speaking or singing. Most of the songs are without lyrics, thank god. When they rock out, they rock out. However, they creep in the 80's synthesizers here and there and it ruins it for me. It's over done and unoriginal at this point. Been there, done that.
For a band that has been around since the mid-nineties, they have a variety of listening to choose from. The problem is sorting through the crap and finding the good stuff.
Interesting Video and good song:
Monday, November 19, 2007
Trans AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment