BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Black Light Burns...Again

Black Light Burns

November 13, 2007

Scout Bar, Texas

It must suck having to perform for small crowds. Really small crowds. However, Black Light Burns still puts on a show as if it were for sold out stadiums. High energy. Theatric. This band deserves to be playing for sold out audiences. I did not want to miss them when they came through Houston, even if I was the only person there.

After a 40 mile drive, I arrive at the venue, exhausted. A local band is playing to a handful of people. The place looks like a ghost land, so I go back to my car and chug down a beer I brought along. Mama’s on a budget. I go back inside and another band is playing, with more enthusiasm, so I buy a 3.50 Budlight and cringe because it’s in such a tiny plastic cup. Bummer. A few more bands play and one of them was actually good, even Nick and Sean from BLB stand in the small crowd to enjoy the sounds.

Bored, I go back to the car and chug down another beer. I re-enter, rejuvenated and in time to find another fan glancing over at me who I met at the last show in June. Ahh, a fellow like-mind! It seemed to me many people who were at the venue either worked there or were in the opening bands. I felt bad for the chaps.

After a few moments of chatting with some people, BLB enters the stage and I make my way to the front. I’m a bit tipsy, to say the least, so I just let my inner child become unleashed. A bit of head banging and sing-alongs did me some good. Nick jumped around so his fro could bounce and Wes did his usual stripping, by taking off his shirt. These guys put on a great show with energy through the roof. The few people who were there enjoyed themselves, too. It’s too bad people are not paying attention.

It takes a lot of passion and balls to take a vision and make it come to life. These guys are doing their thing and they appreciate their fans. Did I say they were nice guys, too? They are regular dudes that hang out with their fans after the show. Who the hell does that?

Buy a ticket next time they come to your city!

BLB Myspace

Official Website

0 comments: