BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Talib Kweli: Ear Drum


I've been sitting on this for a while. Earlier this summer, Talib Kweli did a free show at Warehouse Live. I went to the show because I knew some people going. It was an amazing introduction to an incredible rap artist. I have always loved the east coast rap style. Other Brooklyn artists besides Talib include some of my favorites like Jay Z, Big Daddy Kane, and Notorious B.I.G. Equally as important as his neighbors, Talib keeps hip-hop real.

After many sponsors for the show did their regular talking and promoting, Kalib Kweli entered the stage with much enthusiasm. The venue was packed. I could barely move. His DJ was set up on the side of the stage as two back up singers danced behind their microphone stands. I kept my head bobbin' the whole time. Kalib walked from side of one stage to another. He knows how to put on an entertaining show. Many hip-hop artists have a live house band now, but I like how he kept it simple. The back up singers added an old soul feel.

He played some old and new songs. I couldn't tell the difference because this was my first experience listening to the rapper. I don't know why I never listened to him in the past. If you love hip-hop, then you have to take a listen to Talib Kweli and Ear Drum.



Go to his website to get a sample of the full length album. www.talibkweli.com
A bootleg from the show:

0 comments: