BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, November 9, 2007

The 69 Eyes Go Spinal Tap

What do you get when you add Goth, rock, glam, and blonde drunk fan girls/groupies to a band? You get The 69 Eyes. See, my first impression of this band was that the record company took a style and compressed it so that the band looked too Goth for their music type and more mysterious than necessary, so that people could be hooked and interested. I was correct.

I had listened to only a few songs in the past and decided to attend a live show for the real judgment day. Missing out on the opening acts, I came just in time for the headliners, as many blonde, drunks girls screamed and few guys wooed. The band started strong as I had hopeful feelings. They were entertaining me, as I had no realization as the reason. After a few songs, I figured it out. They were Spinal Tap.

Anyone who has seen the mockumentary, Spinal Tap knows what I am talking about.


The movie is based off of an 80's style hair band with lots of fan girls, big hair, rock posses, loud guitar solos, and cheesy lyrics. "I want…a Goth girl" and I am "mother fucking rocking" made me frown my eyebrows and chuckle simultaneously. The lead singer loved "spinning" and standing in various poses, as the guitarist lip synced the back up vocals while the others sang them, without much interest. I realized most of their songs sounded the same and eyed a cute boy standing near the bar, so I kept my eye on him in between frequent bathroom visits and phone calls.

I know I have a few friends that like this band or know someone associated with them and this is not to be taken personal. It's my opinion and it's all that matters. I mean, this IS my blog.

This band made me laugh in a "not so good way" and then I was bored. I wanted to mack on this cute boy, but the drunken blondes attacked him, as I learned he was in the opening band. Damn.



Youtube Spinal Tap scenes for those who haven't seen it:






















0 comments: