BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, February 9, 2008

MTV recognizes Bad Brains for the Week

Since I haven't religiously watched MTV since a teenager, I haven't been too concerned with what they consider to be artists to watch out for or that are remotely cool. I read a blog about how MTV is lame now, which it has been for years, so I hit up the mtv.com. Guess who I saw as artist of the week? Bad Brains.

This is weird. They must be trying to hook an online audience to get ratings on their lame cable station with ACTUALLY saying something is cool when it IS COOL. However, Bad Brains have been around longer than I have been alive. Of course, the old punk is still a trend, as I have explained in earlier posts via tours de The Circle Jerks, The Misfits, Flipper, etc. etc. Perhaps it is just timing and trend that MTV is featuring a legendary punk band as their artist of the week.

The site claims that you can see lots of Bad Brains on MTV all week, although I think you'd be seeing more of those lame reality shows, than a marathon of Bad Brains videos from the eighties.

By the way, Bad Brains has a new album coming out.

1 comments:

Bob Waldale said...

The "new" album has been around since last year.