
Thanks to Youtube, I can get my dose of British feeds for the Brit Awards. Of course, Americans won the "International" awards, which makes no sense to me, but whatever, it's all a popularity contest. I only watch award shows for their performances, anyways.
The Osbournes hosted and I have to admit, Kelly looks real good. She has lost her weight and the weird hair-do and looks classy. Let's just hope she doesn't come out with another album anytime soon...
On to the performances!
Amy Winehouse was not as impressive as she was for the Grammy's but I still love her voice. She looks real awkward when she is trying to dance in place in stripper heels - naturally. I mean, who can look normal dancing in stripper heals, other than strippers?
Paul McCarthy performed with fireworks. He needs to give it up already, I don't care if he's a legend. His voice sounded real bad at first and his songs are starting to all sound exactly the same. However, he is still an amazing performer, even for being a million years old.
Riahanna and the Klaxons - An interesting collaboration. Rihanna has a unique voice and the Klaxons make funky dance music. Personally, Rihanna's voice sounds horrid live, but her hair looks great!! The lasers reminded me of Tool's tour last year, which is visually very stimulating. I would have been bored watching this performance without them.
Mark Ronson, Adele, Amy Winehouse, Some dude - I don't know who Mark Ronson is, but he had a bunch of people sing covers of songs. Covering Coldplay, Adele sung and looked very chubby. Then, some nobody sung. He reminded me of American Idol, so maybe he was the UK Idol? Whatever. Last, Amy Winehouse came out in her stripper shoes again, singing her own song, Valerie.
Mika - This dude is why I love the Brits. They always find the most eccentric people and make them seem fabulous. His voice is a bit shreaky for me, he is such a geek, and I find it entertaining for only two seconds. Thank God, Beth Ditto, from the Gossip came out and saved the day. But then she left and we were stuck with Mika for another few minutes! Why did you leave, Beth?
All in all, I am glad I didn't have to sit through the awards to get to the good performances. I would have had to poke my eyes out with a butter knife.
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Brit Awards 08!!
Posted by Liz Simone at 6:14 AM
Labels: the Anglo-files
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment