BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Best Albums of 2007?

I haven't written in a while because I am trying to have a life and pay bills. As I am hacking up a lung and sitting here typing with a tissue hanging out of my nose, I am trying to figure out what I am going to do during the musical dry spout that always happens this time of year. Musicians chill at their LA homes drinking hot chocolate and snorting a mountain of cocaine with their closest friends and families. They don't tour, release records, or do anything totally crazy that is worth mentioning. Of course, we have Britney Spears running into every Four Season's Hotel for God knows what reason and Amy Winehouse looking more like a dead skeleton day by day, but who cares about those bitches? They should get together and just OD. That would make major news, then they can have comeback tours and write autobiographies about their messed up childhoods.

On the other hand, this time of year calls for top lists and worst lists. Personally, I enjoy the worst lists, but I am not totally disappointed with Rollingstone's Top 50 albums of 2007. They include some albums I enjoyed like NIN, Radiohead, Devandra Banhart, and (oops) Lily Allen. But they included some rejects like the intolerable Paul McCarthy album (yikes), Band of Horses, Wimpy Bright Eyes, and (gulp) Britney Spears. There was some hella good music made this year and I am uber glad that Rollingstone is taking back some street cred by recognizing at least some of the good music released. I mean, when you put Fugley Fergi on the cover of your magazine, something is wrong with you. You need to be punched in the balls.

Holler for good music. Hopefully, 2008 will produce some smarter musicians and we can have a music utopia and cry because it is so beautiful, just as they did in the 60's.

Peace, love, and rock n roll

Rollingstone List

0 comments: