Well, Timbaland has produced another hit single and has made a total reject into a superstar. Ashlee Simpson's new single, Outta My Head will not escape my own head. It will be moments before you hear the song all over the wretched place. I hate Ashlee Simpson, as you can recall that stupid reality show she had and the SNL incident where she was lip syncing and blamed being caught on her drummer and acid reflux. Jessica Simpson is now making straight to video movies, so I guess this is Ashlee's time to escape her big sisters shadow.
I even love the video to the song. Ashlee looks cute as she talks about the voices in her head and is chased down to be put in a loony bin. Of course, it is recycled 80's ideas. Generation Y thinks they are 80's children although they couldn't possibly remember the 80's. I hear Devo in the song and see them metaphorically in the video. Also, I am reminded of a bit of an Alice in Wonderland type feel that Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers made for the video, Don't come around here no more. No one can do better than THAT.
Here's Ashlee's new video, Outta my head.
Here's Tom Petty, because he rules. Don't Come Around Here No More.
And some Devo, for fun.
OH! Of course, Madonna
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Ashlee Simpson: Outta My Head
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment