Oh, the glory of the early 90's. I was merely a young chick when grunge was at it's forefront, thus, I make up for it by seeing those rockstars at their current tours. Nine Inch Nails (or what's left of it) and Janes Addiction toured together and I went to see them in Austin, Tx.
NIN started off. The crowd was not enthusiastic, but neither was I. About 10 times, I have seen NIN live and it never got old. However, this time, it was old. As Trent Reznor just turned 44, I think it's time he moved on to other projects. He had no energy and the music sounded like shit. I am however, thankful I got to hear some songs live that I never thought I would hear before. Nonetheless, the performance was not impressive.
On the other hand, Jane's Addiction kicked ass. As soon as Perry walked on stage in his black unitard and beaver chain, I had to see more. It's not like Dave Navarro didn't have appeal, either. His stage presence is amazing and he really is an amazing guitarist. I loved the chemistry between Navarro and Ferrell and the songs came alive. Ferrell put a smile on my face and his dancing reminded me of my gay roommate, which made me love him even more. The Austin crowd loved them, too, and it was an energetic and lively show.
I am so grateful to have seen the bands I have see live. Music just keeps me ticking.
Note: This is probably the last and only leg of the NIN/JA tour.
Friday, May 15, 2009
The NIN / JA Tour
Posted by Liz Simone at 4:32 PM
Labels: Austin, shows, Trent Reznor
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment