BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club: Live 08


There are certain bands that contain so much rock n roll that they make you wanna put on a leather jacket and smoke a cigarette. Black Rebel Motorcycle club (aka BRMC) is one them. Actually, it's probably one of the only rare bands that is making music from this generation that are the real deal. These guys ooze rock n roll, from before they come out on stage, to the time they are on stage, to the clothes they wear, to the seriousness on their faces when fans 'woo' at them, to the time when Peter Hayes lights up a cigarette in a non-smoking venue. This is not for the insincere, nor the hipsters who think they know everything. This band has real talent and they put on an amazing live performance.




I got a chance to see BRMC at a private party show at Warehouse Live, May 20th. Tickets were given through a lottery and announced a few days before the date, through Myspace. Sponsored by Jack Daniels, this made it all the better. Seeing that I bought my ticket to see BRMC in Austin and couldn't attend, I was very excited that I didn't have to miss this band this year. Plus, the private party gave us all this free shiz. I got a Jack Daniel's T-shirt, made with high quality American Apparel cotton. Ooooh. And guitar picks, buttons, 2 free drinks, nachos, and two free drinks. Did I say free drinks? Hell yeah!



A dude named, Wisley, opened the show. I am not sure who he is, but he was pretty good, for what it was worth. He is authentic. It was just him and his guitar. It takes guts to go out on stage by yourself, so I have ultimate respect for musicians who do that.

Onward, I lucked out and got front row center, which never happens to me. I believe everyone around me had too many free drinks, or were heavily medicated. I don't understand people who need to get wasted at gigs when the music is so great. It's a natural high just to listen to BRMC live, especially with the strobes they get going. You just close your eyes and listen to the distortion and the drums and you have gone away to another world. True happiness is in moments like these. But of course, not everyone can allow themselves to feel like that without some assistance.



I just have to say that BRMC never fails to deliver. They played a variety of their songs this time around, as with last year, they played a bit too much acoustic, mostly due to the fact that the drummer got 'sick' during the last half. However, this time, everything was in sync, from a fans perspective. It was the dose of medicine I needed.


Black Rebel Motorcycle Club from Liz Simone on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's probably one of the only rare bands that making music from this generation that are the real deal.

It's the truth!

Thanks for posting about the gig. I got to see them a few times last month, BUT IT'S NEVER ENOUGH! :D

(I don't remember how I came across your blog exactly--possibly while searching Google for more info on which dates BRMC will be opening for STP this summer--but I've been following along with it on my feed reader for a few weeks now.)

Liz Simone said...

Thanks for the comment! I didn't know BRMC were opening for STP! What an awesome show! It would be so A-List much rock n roll, I would overdose!

I checked out your blog, and you DO love BRMC, amongst other bands that I love. Rock On!