BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Birthday Massacre and MSI = Shoot me in the head

After being real sick for a week and missing three really good shows, I needed to get out and get my feed. I knew a few friends going to see Mindless Self Indulgence and The Birthday Massacre at The Merdiian, so I put a gallon of gas in the car and made my way to the Warehouse District. I chit-chatted for a while and then The Birthday Massacre took the stage. Suddenly, I vaguely thought - wow, the singer sings well. Then, my friend whispered in my ear, "I think she is lip syncing." I raised to my tippy toes, and realized, she is right. The stupid braud is actually lip syncing during a live show. And from that moment, my attention span went from the stage to the 16 year old Hot Topic parade that was walking around everywhere in unoriginal and over priced goth wear. The credibility of Massacre went from decent to zip. I can understand having a few backing tracks or drum synths going on, but to lip sync your own voice and to lip sync to a synthesized voice is for no-talent dip shits.

Next, I decided to catch some air outside on the smoker's patio as I inhaled second hand fumes and met an Al Jorgensen look alike who had self-image issues about his related appearance to the legend. And some kid from Austin who complained that the security guard punched him in the chest after his second warning about pushing towards the front of the crowd. I asked, were you being a jerk about it? He said, but I just wanted to be at the front! You are a dumb ass.

Then, it was time for the headliners to take stage. Kiddos gathered. Mindless Self Indulgence came on and I decided to leave. I hate it when singers decide to make statements about certain groups, yet make themselves out to look like assholes. The lead singer shouts, "We're famous now! Now, we can be assholes! Call us assholes! Call us mother fuckers!" After the next song, he went on about how Paramoure sucks. Yeah, you are in the same league, so don't insult yourself. The crowd just shouted and applauded after every obnoxious remark. I just thought to myself: are people really this stupid? Why must I always be justified by the fact that the world is getting dumber and dumber? Kids are turned on by this? Do they even know who Peter Murphy is? I did see a Nine Inch Nails shirt in the crowd, but we know how intelligent most of those fans are.

In the end, I frantically searched for my other pal as she was lost amongst the Bed Head waxed mohawks. I couldn't find her. Oh, well. I went home, disappointed and wanting to shoot myself in the head. I'm not even gonna google a picture for this review. Just don't waste your time with these no talent bands.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're gonna talk that kind of shit and then ignorantly lump people together because of the fucking shirt they wear? real open-minded intelligence going on right here...

not to mention you clearly didn't get the JOKE msi was making with the paramore (yes, spelled wrong) reference. brilliance. next time leave your whiney emo ass at home.

Liz Simone said...

You're the one reading MY blog, so I can misspell whatever I want. And what category and what people am I lumping together? The fact that MSI and Paramore are in the same class of shitty music? That Hot Topic is over-rated and unoriginal? Don't worry, you won't see me at poser show like that again. I go to see real rock n roll, not ignorant copies of copies that are so faded that their relevance doesn't even make the chart. Take some music history classes and educate yourself on who paved the way for dumbasses like these bands to make money and try to look cool off of. And don't read my blog if you don't like what I have to say.

Anonymous said...

music history classes? how about educating oneself in addition to the so called bullshit tripe you've been fed on? rah rah rah fuck the man rah rah rah i'm an individual

you keep that chant going, fucking moron

Liz Simone said...

Do you think you know me personally? Are you a psycho online stalker? I seem to get those kind. Because I have never written 'fuck the man, I'm an individual' anywhere on here, so it sounds like you are a blithering idiot, with a personal problem. The only moron here is you, since you are probably only 17 years old, with pimples on your face, waiting desperately to get laid.

Like I said before, this is my blog and I make it public, because I have nothing to hide and I can defend my opinions well. However, if all you have to shout are insults with no back up to support them, then shut the fuck up and masturbate to redtube, instead of commenting on my damn blog.

Anonymous said...

you the twat you put gas in your car and went to the concert just to complain about in on your geeky as blog get a fucking life you dumb bitch, instead of sit on your computer jacking off to anime porn while blogging about gay ass shit that no one gives a fuck about, thats why you have soooo many comments right? well mindless self indulgence doesnt give a fuck what anyone thinks about them, that is the point they make, and no matter what they say fans still love them, because they do their own thing. and no matter what you write on this page they still dont give a fuck and neither does anyone else, so your little feed is a lost cause.

sorry to be so rash but you are fucking ignorant.

and next time you go and start talking shit about a band you dont know anything about, watch what you fucking say, because all you do is make yourself look dumb.