I was born and raised in Houston and have spent my entire adult life here. Though I have traveled to various places, I am ready to move on and discover new grounds. Here is my list of pros and cons about Houston:
Pros:
Diverse
There is a huge diversity in races and cultures that we can thank the oil companies and decent universities for providing. I could never imagine living in a city less diverse. The more in the salad, the better it tastes and that goes for cities, as well.
Manners
In general, people are pretty generous. Even people cutting you off in traffic isn't so bad compared to places like NY and Chicago, where people honk horns like crazy and attempt to run over pedestrians.
Economy
We have a great job market and areas of growth. People from all over the country and the world come to Houston to get jobs and cheap living. And we don't have annoying country accents!
Cons (My Favorite Part!!)
People are boring:
Though there are some interesting people here, for the most part, the eccentric is not very eccentric and the daring are kinda boring. I went out two weekends in a row and people were watching me and filming me on their phones. Really? I am not a celebrity or even the black man that wears a pimp outfit...get a life and stop watching everyone else have fun and have some fun yourself...oh someone might think you're a weirdo? Tell them to fuck off!! I hate that people are so dull and having a conversation with them is like watching golf. I'd rather be doing something else like talking to my cat.
The Social Scene is Lame
Because the people are so boring, anything that is cool is automatically made into lame because lame people spoil everything. Either something cool comes into town and no one shows up, or a bunch of posers walk in and look like picasso paintings, as if it made them more stylish...hello!! NY and LA had that hair style last year, dunzo!
Weather
We have been getting good weather lately...but just wait until June, then you have to take a shower AFTER you take a shower. And it will last up to or past Halloween.
Choice of Vehicles
Ever notice how everybody drives either a truck or SUV? We do have more small vehicles than the past, but really....doesn't that sign say COMPACT CARS? Why is your F250 Truck parked there? I drive a Honda Fit, and it sometimes can't fit beside these huge vehicles. I have to squeeze in and pray no one's door dents my car. And then people complain about it costing $80 or more to fill gas into their truck. Well, you bought a truck that is meant to tow shit out in the country that takes 10 miles to the gallon. What did you think would happen? Stop complaining about gas prices when you know you don't need that truck and that gas prices are always going up. You're an idiot!!!!
And that's my two cents. I am ready to say goodbye to Houston and find another list of pros and cons when I move. Will I want to come back? We'll see about that....
Sunday, April 17, 2011
Ready to Say Goodbye to Houston
Posted by Liz Simone at 7:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Thanks for sharing this article. keep it up. enjoyed reading this post.
Nice post.Thanks for sharing.....
So nice Blogger
I enjoyed every page on your blog, I think you are is creative, if you have a spare time look at me too at African-American martial art? I am happy to share with you and hope to become your friends
Post a Comment