BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, January 23, 2010

New Year, New Deal

I haven't logged into this blog in a long time, and with good reason. I have been working, teaching, paying off debt, getting my life TOGETHER. So much in my life changes from year to year and this one has been no different. For the first time in my life, I feel like an adult. I now know how to take responsibility for my own actions and to take ownership of my mistakes. It feels real good knowing that I no longer fear facing myself.

Unfortunately, not everyone is to this level of their journey of life. And with that, people distance themselves. They don't want anyone reminding them of what they are doing wrong in their lives, so they surround themselves with others who reflect their own being. Thus, I have been lonely, but all things come to pass. It won't last forever, and I will find others who I can connect.

I often ask myself if I am happy, and my answer is always compared to my past. I can pay my bills. If I want it, I buy it. My job challenges me and keeps me on my toes. My answer would be yes. On the other hand, a person like me who sets goals to accomplish them, is always searching for the next best thing. I often don't find time to celebrate my victories before I pursue my next one. I need to find time to give myself a pat on the back.

0 comments: