Not feeling as antsy as last week, I did not go out as much. I started focusing on my health and diet. I went to a quack doctor that prescribed me Phentermine, which is basically speed. I was told by my gyno, in fact, that it was unhealthy for someone like me and if I were 300 pounds, she would prescribe it to me to get me to a healthy, and not life threatening weight. Otherwise, it can give me a heart attack. So people: BEWARE of weight loss centers. They want one thing: money and to hook you into coming back for more. There is no easy quick fix for losing weight. My doctor recommended weight watchers, which has worked for many years and it's healthy. Also, keep a food diary. It's amazing what you put into your body without realizing it. I am happy to announce I have lost one pound this week! And I've done it the healthy way. I cut out junk food and alcohol. I am keeping a food diary and staying around 1500-1600 calories a day. I feel great.
Last night was a good one. I went to Mango's to see Paris Falls. It's a great band. Now a trio, there is a husband and wife and a drummer. Anyone who knows me knows I am very critical and I usually don't like anything. But I really like to listen to this band. They are very talented, playing multiple instruments, singing, they have chemistry on stage, charm, and a great attitude. Check them out on their myspace. After watching Paris Falls, me and my friends went to The Mink for The Hype party. It's a monthly party and usually has a good turn out and good music. What is sad about it is that most of the crowd is so busy being scenesters like they are in highschool and hanging out on the patio (why? it's freakin hot outside??) that they miss amazing dj sets inside, as well. I have no clue who the DJ was last night toward the end of the night, but he was playing to an empty dance floor and it was a shame. It's only $3 bucks and well worth it, if you can ignore the ignorance on the patio and push through them to the stairwell.
Besides that, I had the police called on me last weekend. Yeah, real stupid. Again, I recommend anyone that wants to move to or throw a party at Bootleg to not do it. The landlord there, is a lunatic. A tenant allowed me inside the building so I could crash for a few hours and sober up after being out. The landlord saw my car on the street and freaked out. Let's just say, when I moved out of the place, I did not leave the best impression and it was purposeful. Anyways, he told me to leave and I immediately did. Yet, he still called the police on me for breaking and entering. Yeah...sure. I am 5'1. This guy is almost 6 feet tall and he was with a friend who just got out of the Marines after 10 years or something. These two dudes called the police on me. Hilarious right? The cops asked me a few questions and told me it was a waste of their time and to go home. I thought so, too. That's what you get for being a moron, instead of a man. But it was no dirt off of my shoulder.
Other than that, nothing important happened. I am still trying to get my donations together. Brainstorming...
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Week in Rewind: June 21st
Posted by Liz Simone at 8:19 AM
Labels: Diet and health, Houston Night life, shows
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment