BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Madonna doesn't hit it out the ball park

Madonna finally made it to Houston after 18 years. The sold out Minute Maid Park of 42,000 still had some scalped tickets that were yet not sold in a few sections, but it was not enough to avoid the traffic filled streets. I swear nearly every gay man in Houston was in attendance. Straight men avoided the bathrooms. Ladies dressed like the pop icon, and ages ranged from gray hair to pre-pubescent. Madonna is notorious for making her fans wait two hours for her performance, and she surely lived up to her reputation. They escorted her from backstage in a dark tinted SUV, as fans cheered and waited anxiously for her to hit the stage.

To be honest, I expected more from The Sweet and Sticky Tour. Confessions on the Dance Floor seemed to have it all, in a more grand way. Sure, there were LCD screens everywhere. Madonna even came out with her dancers in a Rolls Royce. She puts out so much energy in her show, no wonder she’s the queen of pop. However, it was missing something. It was missing a storyline, an element of surprise, a spectacle. It was missing, what I call, The Hoorah.

Are you having fun? You have to have fun, I don’t come here very often…Madonna says. I think she could tell that people were getting up to use the restroom. And perhaps it’s just the way Houston works. Being a music fan, I have gone to many different types of shows over the years and have noticed that the Houston fan base sucks cow titties. It’s pretty passion-less. It’s full of posers. It’s full of wanna-bes. Or is this our entire culture, not just this city?

Either way, lots of things disappointed me about the Madonna show. I was thrilled to have been able to see the legend live, for the first and possibly last time in my life. I have always been enthralled by Madonna and her performances. Was it worth the inflated scalper price? No. The economy and Madonna's expensive divorce may have contributed to the less than stellar experience. On the other hand, if I had first row…probably, it would have been worth it. But I would rather sit at home and watch the DVD.


Madonna from Liz Simone on Vimeo.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOOT! You know how to tell it girl! I thought I missed something!

xoxox