BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 30, 2008

Stone Temple Pilots - San Antonio, Houston shows

I took it to the road to get a dose of another grunge band, Stone Temple Pilots. They have been MIA for a few years now, but thanks to the break up of Velvet Revolver, Scott Weiland had some free time to reunite with his long time buddies and give STP fans a new awakening. I was worried the tour may not even happen, given Weiland's legal issues and a few hours spent in jail. But no worries. Scott's voice is in great shape, the band sounds great, and there are absolutely NO disappointments with this tour. This is the real deal, real rock n roll, real entertainment. Not many bands can compare to the authenticity and stanima of STP. Read the stories. No one in modern rock n roll can compare, but there is more to STP than stories. The lyrics, the riffs, Scott's voice and dancing, they all combine for a great live show. In fact, I enjoyed the show in San Antonio so much, I bought a ticket the day of the Houston show. I didn't want to miss out on it. I would have regretted not seeing them in my home town. I am completely obsessed and renewed with STP. Let's hope they come out with a new album soon for us to feast with our ears.

Set-list for San Antonio:


Here's some video. They aren't the greatest, but they will still get you off.

From Houston:


Online Videos by Veoh.com


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, I came across your blog while looking up an STP setlist for the San Antonio show. I knew every song at that show, but when I tried to write down the order I just couldn't remember.

I've been a huge fan of STP since I was in elementary school and this concert was absolutely perfect, I really couldn't agree with you more about the show. Thanks for the setlist!
-Rita